The past year has been another great one for all of us here at the Oldfather Group, filled with personal and professional accomplishments, new team members, lots of parties and get togethers and, most importantly, hundreds of dreams fulfilled in the form of new home sales at or near the Delaware beaches.
We always strive to make every year memorable, and 2017 is definitely one we won't soon forget. We want to hit some of the highlights for you, as we close 2017 and begin looking forward to another great year in 2018.
Okay, let's take a look at some highlights of what's been a great 2017 here in the coastal region:
- Record Breaking Sales Numbers. For the last two years, the Oldfather Group has been the top real estate firm in southern Delaware in terms of buyer represented sales. While final numbers for 2017 are not yet in, we've definitely surpassed our sales total from 2016, so we'll wait and see if we keep this recognition for a third straight year.
- We Moved to Our New Offices. In December, we left our long-time offices on Rehoboth Avenue and moved to our new location on Route 1 between Rehoboth and Lewes. This allows us more room for our growing team of experienced staff members and agents. Stop by and see us sometime at 18949 Coastal Highway, above the popular Rosenfeld's Deli.
- Community Features. One thing we love to do here at the Oldfather Group is shine the spotlight on locally owned businesses. Some that we featured in 2017 include Dogfish Head, Parsons Farms, Screams at the Beach, The Max Challenge and Nassau Valley Vineyards. We look forward to doing many more of these in 2018.
- Helping Local Charities. We've done this for several years and will continue doing so. We have several favorites, including our own Chuck Seaman's "Little Hands,"
Sussex County Habitat for Humanity, the American Cancer Society and Rehoboth Beach's CAMP Rehoboth.
- White & Bright Party. This is simply a way for us to thank our clients for putting their trust in us as their chosen real estate agency. It's a great annual party that we love to host, and we will likely be doing so again in 2018.
- Bonfire on the Beach. This is one of the highlights of our year here in coastal Delaware, a chance for us to spend some quality time, in a fabulous setting, with many of our treasured staff members, agents, friends, business associates and treasured clients. We hold this every fall in Dewey Beach, and it's always looked forward to by our entire staff.
- 0 to 50 in 5 Event. Held in November, this was a chance for us to recognize and celebrate the amazing achievements of our Chief Buyer Consultant Adam Linder, who sold an astounding $50 million of coastal Delaware real estate in less than five years. Friends, family members, colleagues and members of the general public visited our offices on Rehoboth Avenue to help Adam celebrate his special day.
- Lifestyle Videos. We do these to highlight some of our treasured listings, and we plan on doing many more in the coming year. It's a great way to market and showcase some of our properties, which benefits our sellers and gives potential buyers some great visual information to process as they search for a home and property.
- Cookies and Cocoa with Santa. Held at our Lewes office the weekend before Christmas, this was an opportunity to meet the big guy himself, while enjoying some light refreshments and casual fellowship. It was just a chance to do something a little special for the community, which we enjoy doing from time to time.
- Special Events. We hold these from time to time at our offices. Topics include how to stage your home properly, special financing programs, unique characteristics of the local market and many more.
All in all, it's been a fantastic year here in beautiful coastal Delaware, and we look forward to much more of the same heading into 2018.
Have a great New Year's Eve celebration everyone! If you're still unsure of where to go and/or what to do for the big moment, take a look at some of our suggestions from last week's blog entry.